Rise & Grind - if GOD woke you up this Thursday morning, BE productive. The Life Quote for today is…"THE HIGHEST HUMAN ACT IS TO INSPIRE.”-Nipsey Hussle
With the unfortunate, senseless passing of Nipsey Hussle, and seeing and hearing the unique stories of how Nipsey Hussle inspired hundreds of people within his community, it made me reflect on my own life and purpose.
We all know people who inspire others to act by using their God-given abilities.
I recently came across Michael Angier's "Top Ten Ways to Inspire Others to Be Their Best".
Like Nipsey, we all have the ability to inspire others by exhibiting one of the following:
1. Be a good example. People watch what you do more than they listen to what you say. Be someone worth emulating.
2. Care about others. People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care. Ask questions. Take a genuine interest in people.
3. Encouragement. Everyone goes through tough times. When you support people and encourage them through these times, you’ll be inspiring them to see the best in themselves and in the situation.
4. Be inspired yourself. Look for people, ideas, environments and knowledge that you find inspiring and motivating.
5. Share from your own experience. You have more to share than you realize. Mine the rich experiences of your life and share your wisdom from your unique point of view. You may be the only one who can touch someone with your inspiring message.
6. Be vulnerable. Be willing to share your failures as well as your successes. Others will relate to you. They’ll understand that they’re not the only ones with challenges.
7. Tell stories. Facts tell and stories sell. They inspire, too. We learn best from parables and we all need to develop our own inspiring stories.
8. Be a good communicator. Increasing your ability to communicate effectively is a critical element for you to inspire others. Watch how you speak and what you say. Invest in your communication skills.
9. Challenge people. Many of us have had teachers who at times seemed more like tormentors than mentors. They challenged us to do our best, and we were better for it. Practice "carefrontation"—the careful and caring confrontation of others.
10. Read. It may not follow that all readers are leaders, but certainly, all leaders are readers. Stay informed. Share what you read with others. Tell people about books that have inspired you. Share the knowledge.
Rise & Grind - If GOD woke you up this POSITIVE Thursday morning, BE productive. The life quote for today is..."Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” ~ John Quincy Adams
I’m at a point in my life where peace of mind has become one of my highest priorities. I want to be at peace. I want to get better and better at allowing things to follow their natural course without desperately trying to force them into completion because that creates a lot of unnecessary stress, pain, and suffering. And that’s the last thing I want.
I’ve discovered that it's all about having patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.
So, I have a challenge for you to do these three things daily:
Stop and smell the roses. Take life one day at a time and celebrate all the wonderful things happening around you.
Sure, there are some bad, awful things you can't control, but I promise you there is beauty in the world if you open your eyes. Don't let the day to day struggle stop you from realizing how blessed you are to be alive.
2. Take the time to look for at least one good thing every day and I promise, good things will come your way as long you have the patience.
3. Rethink the way you live your life and start the day with gratitude. This will bring peace into your life journey.
One of the hardest tests in life is having the patience to wait for the right moment
Thank you, Coach Alison, for sharing your stories yesterday about your family and your passion for horses PLUS the amazing stories we share from our Sheridan college days. The bond we have forged as brothers will never be broken.
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this journey.
Always bleed BLUE